Questions and answers


    10312408_10152516610812784_2120254082705388747_n P1010869                  

QUESTION : what exactly is included in a kit ? 

A : Basically the superstructure of the house,with external wall panels varying according to different stud thicknesses - 140mm, 184mm or 195mm. Please see the page ' house kits ' for a fairly detailed breakdown of what is included within a superstructure kit for a house, bungalow or chalet. 

QUESTION : what is excluded from your prices ?

A :This depends on whether it is a kit only, or a package which includes the supply and erection of the superstucture,plus various other items included,such as windows, insulation etc. In fact we offer both possibilities.For house kits only we also include haulage to your plot within the price.We have worked for many years with a UK haulage company which specialises in European haulage.  

Please note that we do not get involved with groundworks or - apart from producing a soleplate drawing - the foundation design and execution. Local registered tradespeople will be required for these tasks.Similarly you will need to engage local tradespeople for electrical/plumbing installations,and also the roofing. The best way to go about this is to contact local tradespeople and then obtain a formal devis ( quotation ) 


Can you arrange my planning application ?

A : We have contacts in France who can put together a planning application for designs under 170m2 of 'surface de plancher ' or if above 170m2, a registered architect resident in France who charges relatively modest fees. Please ask for further details. 


What about thermal regulations in Europe and other building codes ? 

A : When you send us plans or use one of our existing designs we will produce working drawings and structural calculations to Eurocode 5 which are EU harmonisation codes governing timber frame construction throughout the entire EU zone. Our 184mm and 195mm external wall panels easily meet the thermal regulations for construction in Europe. A thermal study is now required with the submission of a demande de permis de construire application in France.